- Abbreviation: DipBT
- Length: 1 year full-time │Part-time study available
- AQF Level: 5
- CRICOS Code: TBA
The Diploma of Biblical Theology (DipBT) is designed to provide lay theological training for the many lay people with ministry responsibilities. The Diploma of Biblical Theology comprises eight units of study. There are three core units – Biblical Theology, Gospel of Mark and Church History. The remaining five units are electives. Students can choose elective units such as The Letters of Paul, The Cross of Christ, Components of Discipleship, The Cross and the Crescent and Preaching and Teaching the Bible. You can choose electives to meet your ministry needs.
The online Diploma of Biblical Theology is an accredited course at Level 5 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). There are eight units of study: three core units and five electives.
The core units are:
- Biblical Theology
- Gospel of Mark
- Church History
Electives include The Letters of Paul, The Twelve Prophets, The Pentateuch, The Cross of Christ, Reformed Anglican Theology, The Written Word of God, Preaching and Teaching the Bible, Discipleship, The Cross and the Crescent.
The normal academic requirement for admission includes an Australian Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualification.
Where this course might take you
The DipBT will help with training and equipping:
- Lay people who have ministry responsibility and help run churches and missions, particularly in remote, foreign or regional locations, and those travelling for missionary work abroad
- Teachers, Bible studies facilitators, those working on Christian missions both in Australia and abroad
- General laypeople seeking to deepen their understanding of God’s promises in the Bible and those who wish to build an accredited pathway towards further formal theological training for ministry
- Laypeople for volunteer work in their local churches and communities, including Bible Study Leaders, Sunday School Teachers, Youth Group Leaders and Lay Preachers
Check out our detailed DipBT website, here.