- Abbreviation: BD
- Length: 4 years full-time │ 1st year only available part-time
- AQF Level: 8
- CRICOS Code: 013598B
The Bachelor of Divinity (BD) is our central award. It is a four year degree designed for men and women who desire a biblical and theological foundation for full-time Christian ministry. The first year only is available part-time. The first three years of the BD are the same as the Bachelor of Theology (BTh). The fourth year of study draws together the knowledge and skills learnt in the first three years. In Year 4 you can also choose from a range of enriching specialist electives.
A current Working With Children Check is required of all Moore College students.
|Year||Biblical Studies||Christian Thought||Christian Ministry|
|1||BS106/107 Hebrew 1A/1B (electives)
BS102/103 Greek 1A/1B
BS111 Old Testament 1
BS121 New Testament 1
BS141 Biblical Theology
|CT100 Doctrine 1
CT120 Church History 1
|CM102 Ministry & Mission 1
CM153 Christian Communication in Mission (elective)
CM162 Understanding Buddhism
& Islam (elective)
|2||BS200 Hebrew 2 (elective)
BS201 Greek 2
BS211/212 Old Testament 2
BS221New Testament 2
|CT200 Doctrine 2
CT211 Philosophy 2
CT220 Church History 2
|CM202 Ministry & Mission 2
CM221 Bible Exposition 2 (elective)
|3||BS300 Hebrew 3 (elective)
BS311/312 Old Testament 3
BS321 New Testament 3
|CT300 Doctrine 3
CT311 Philosophy 3
CT330 Church History 3
|CM302 Ministry & Mission 3
CM321 Bible Exposition 3 (elective)
CM341 Youth ministry 3(elective)
|BS412 Old Testament 4 (Heb)
BS421 New Testament 4
|CT400 Issues in Theology
CT420 Church History 4
|CM402 Ministry & Mission 4|
|BS400 Biblical Aramaic
BS411 Old Testament 4 (Eng)
BS422 NT Christology
|CT402 Shapers of Contemporary Theology
CT404 Modern Trinitarian Thought
CT405 Bible in the 3rd Millennium
CT409 Patristic Trinitarian Thought
CT410 Confessing Christ
CT430 Social Ethics
CT499 4th Year Project
|CM405 Advanced Pastoral Ministry
CM410 Worship & Anglican Liturgy
- An undergraduate degree in any field from an Australian university or equivalent.
- Enquiries are welcome from Australian residents without a university degree as mature age students may qualify by an entrance exam.
- For those without a university degree in English, a certified copy of an IELTS score of at least 6.5 in all categories of the academic test. TOEFL scores are also accepted. For more information on IELTS tests please visit www.ielts.org.
- Course credit may be available and is assessed in terms of the Academic Credit Policy on the Moore Policy Library website and the Australian Qualifications Framework, Qualifications Pathways Policy.
Where this degree might take you
The BD provides the pathway to ordination within the Anglican Diocese of Sydney. For more information on ordination contact Ministry Training and Development.
Other graduate jobs include:
- university student work
- missionary work
- various types of church work including youth ministry and women’s ministry
- church planting
- theological and Bible college teaching.